How To Install Landscape Lighting
Outdoor Landscape Lighting Can Extend Your Living Area
Lighting shall provide comfortable light.
- Create visual apeal
- Improve Home's Ambiance
- Light up a night time space
- Add comfort and security to outdoor areas
- Increase Security
- Outdoor lighting can be a good front end to your security system
- Low voltage is used for most landscape lighting.
- A transformer converts 120-volt AC (Alternating Current) into 12-volt DC. (Direct Current)
- Identify what you want to light.
- Decide on transformer location. Requires an available 120-volt AC power source. Location for photocell that turns on at dusk and off at dawn.
- Become familiar with what you have to work with for a better design. The right fixture, along with beam angle and light output, is most important. Light color is soft white up to very bright daylight output. All type are available in LED form.
Each product we feature has been independently selected and reviewed. If you make a purchase using the links included, we may earn commission.